Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Which is the css class related to this color?

Home Forums Older releases 1.0.x + Bootstrap addon Which is the css class related to this color?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ehouarn.perret
    Participant

Hi,

First of all, thanks for this gem, works like a charm across all the browsers I have and the integration I have with Bootstrap is real good.

However one thing bothers me, it’s actually no big deal.
    Say I set dropdown-link-hover-bg variable in my LESS configuration to red, however when the animation is done about the submenu it seems that it turns to become gray and I checked pretty a lot of variables in Bootstrap but I’m not sure it’s related to.

Before the animation is completed, red as expected

When the animation is completed, gray

I have no idea where does that come from, I’m suspected more Bootstrap than Smartmenus since I’ve gone through all the sources I need to run Smartmenus addon and it’s mostly JS.

Any idea about how to setup the color of that when it’s done displaying the submenu content ?

Thanks

ehouarn.perret
    Participant

I used the IE debugger and found a workeraround but it does not seem really clear about the reason why this color is chosen.

Just need to add that stuff below to the styles.css

.nav .open > a, .nav .open > a:hover
    {
    	color: #ffffff;
    	background-color:#5f5f5f;
    }

.nav .open > a:focus
    {
    	color: #ffffff;
    	background-color:#5f5f5f;
    }
    admin
    Keymaster

Hi and sorry for this delay! I had my summer vacation the past couple of weeks so, unfortunately, I wasn’t able to reply earlier.

All the styles (colors, etc.) when the SmartMenus script is used with the Bootstrap add-on depend entirely on Bootstrap. So I did a quick investigation and figured out you need to tweak the @nav-link-hover-bg variable to change this background color setting:

http://getbootstrap.com/customize/#navs

But note that this will also affect any regular Bootstrap navs that have dropdowns. The reason for this “issue” is mainly due to the fact that Bootstrap doesn’t support multilevel navbar dropdowns by default and they have just not tested/considered a case where they are actually used.

Cheers!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘1.0.x + Bootstrap addon’ is closed to new topics and replies.