Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Vertical menu - submenu partially hidden

Home Forums Older releases 0.9.x Vertical menu - submenu partially hidden

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    marioline
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for a great plugin! I have used it multiple times with the horizontal menu without a hitch.

However, I have now run into a problem with the vertical menu.
    It’s positioned underneath a header, in a container div (plus some other nested divs).
    Part of the submenu disappears under the header.
    You can see it here: http:///temp07.cww-temp.nl/pages/1/home-van-uw-vereniging/ – mouse over “Vereniging” – 5 submenu items.
    You may have to decrease the size of the window to see the problem. This is only a sample template, but a client actually needs a long submenu.

I have been fiddling around with z-index, no joy.
    Strange thing is, the submenu does work as it should, if I add “display: inline” to the div “container” (where the menu lives). Problem with that is that max-width then doesn’t work (site is responsive).

Any ideas on what might solve this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Marioline

admin
    Keymaster

Yep, your #container DIV has overflow: hidden applied and that’s what cuts the top part of the sub menus. Just edit this rule and remove the declaration:

#container {
      max-width: 1140px;
      margin: 0 auto;
      margin-top: 15px;
      padding: 0px;
      background-color: #fff;  
      overflow: hidden;
    }

in:

http://temp07.cww-temp.nl/sysfiles/skins/Rsp-MP04/css/style.css

I guess it has been added for clearing any floats inside but you already have a clearer div inside it anyway <div class="clear"></div> (and you could use other ways for clearing floats, too, if needed) so removing the overflow declaration shouldn’t hurt anything.

Cheers!

marioline
    Participant

Yes, that’s it, fantastic!
    Thank you ever so much!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘0.9.x’ is closed to new topics and replies.