Using bootstrap 4 for HTML/CSS layout on shopify

Home Forums Latest release 1.1.x + Bootstrap 4 addon Using bootstrap 4 for HTML/CSS layout on shopify

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    TulipStem
    Participant

Hey guys , have researched a bit on the internet and haven’t been able to find a clear answer to the question below.

Basically I’m wanting to know if I can build layouts using bootstrap 4 directly into shopify before adding liquid tags / functionality .

I’m a designer first and foremost , but my goal here is to be able to design a shopify template / code the front end and then be able to hand it off to a backend dev who can add the functionality etc .

Is it as easy as above ?

anishakapoor11
    Participant

Of course you can; Bootstrap/Foundation and the likes are just CSS frameworks so Shopify will have no complaints to it. (The only exception to this is if you used Bootstrap’s SCSS files instead. Shopify’s SCSS preprocessor is running Sass v3.2 which is quite old now so anything newer will fail to compile.)

Although minimal liquid will be needed first as there are some required tags and templates to make a functional theme. https://nicciskincare.com/products/growth-and-strength-nail-serum-oil

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register

You will be emailed a link to set your password.

Login

Lost password?