Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Toggle button

Home Forums Older releases 0.9.x Toggle button

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    emsgeorge
    Participant

How can I implement a toggle button that shows/hides the menu at smaller screen sizes?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi! I will write a short tutorial by the end of the day and post it in the docs. Actually, we considered a toggle menu button on this site during testing but we have disabled it for now, since the main menu has quite few items at the moment..

Thanks for your patience!

emsgeorge
    Participant

Thanks so much, Vasil!

admin
    Keymaster

Here is a basic example:

http://www.smartmenus.org/docs/#menu-toggle-button

Please let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

emsgeorge
    Participant

Worked like a charm! Thanks again!

AliE
    Participant

I have successfully added the menu toggle button for my website and I’m able to change the style of the “Menu +” or “Menu -“, is there any way of adding an image after the word “Menu” so that I can replace the “+” and “-” characters ?

AliE
    Participant

Amendment to the previous post …. is there a way of adding an image or the more widely used “symbol of lines” ( like facebook app uses) after the word “Menu”

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

For instance, you could use the following Unicode symbol http://shapecatcher.com/unicode/info/9776. So in your CSS it would be:

content:'Menu 2630';

If you like, you could also use some other icon from any icon font or even a background image (not that recommended).

Cheers!

AliE
    Participant

Thanks very much for the advice. I guess that using a background image is the only way of using a self created image. Background isn’t good though ;)) I’m sure I can find a good unicode symbol to use 😉 Thanks for taking the time to reply to my query

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘0.9.x’ is closed to new topics and replies.