Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

[Tablet] Menu and Submenu don't close when click on other submenu

Home Forums Older releases 1.0.x + Bootstrap addon [Tablet] Menu and Submenu don't close when click on other submenu

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nuky
    Participant

Hello,

I just want to know if it’s possible to hide all opened menu/submenu on click to another menu/submenu ?
    I had search all the day but didn’t find anything at all (Maybe I’m such a retard).

I’m working on Drupal 7 + Bootstrap 3 and followed this tut :
    http://webmar.com.au/blog/drupal-bootstrap-3-multilevel-submenus-hover

admin
    Keymaster

Hi! I’m not sure I understand very well what you mean. Do you experience the same behavior on the following page:

http://vadikom.github.io/smartmenus/src/demo/bootstrap-navbar.html

If not, please post some kind of demo of your implementation and try to explain what exactly is wrong with it so that I could investigate the issue.

If yes, then please try to explain a bit better what exactly you mean (e.g. what you are doing step by step and what you are expecting to happen).

Thanks!

nuky
    Participant

Hey, thanks for your reply and sorry for my bad English, I will try to explain better with some screen.

What I want to do:
    Smartmenu burger

What I got:
    Smartmenu burger
    Like you can see, active LINK_ don’t close when I click on another LINK_ …
    It’s… Something?
    I’d check some website who use smartmenu and they have the same “problem” with the responsive smartmenu.

Where & How ?

I use the default bootstrap menu on Drupal 7 with bootstrap theme (right?)
    -> So the code is almost the same here.
    BUT, I don’t think that my pb is in the “installation” or smartmenu.
    Like I said, all website I’d check have the same issue:
    LINK_ always stay active, we have to use carret to drop up the submenu -> But I don’t want to use carret.

Question :

Can I change something in the smartmenu code that allow me on click to a LINK_ to close all prev opened LINK_ before to open $(this) LINK_ ?

Again, sorry for my bad english, I tried to give as much information as possible, but if you need more specific thing tell me.

Thanks !

admin
    Keymaster

If I understand you correctly (I hope so), you would like the sub menus in collapsible mode to function like an accordion. For that you could use some additional code posted here:

http://www.smartmenus.org/forums/topic/accordion-failed/#post-2660

Just make sure your root UL element has the main-menu id set or change the id in the code if you are using a different id.

nuky
    Participant

Yeah it work !
    Thanks for your help and your very nice script 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘1.0.x + Bootstrap addon’ is closed to new topics and replies.