Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Submenu symbol missing?

Home Forums Older releases 0.9.x Submenu symbol missing?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jsibley
    Participant

First, by default is there supposed to be a symbol indicating that there are sub-menu items in sm-clean? I am not seeing any symbol, although I do see a span with a class of “more-indicator”?

Second, if I want to or need to specify the symbol to show, could you please share the syntax for specifying the value? It looks like I might need to specify subIndicatorsText, but I don’t see an example of how I might do that (or any other of the parameters you have included in the documentation.

Thanks for a plugin that still works with jquery 1.4, for those using installations of Drupal 7 that can’t upgrade yet!

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, yes, you can see on the default example that the “sm-clean” class shows sub indicators:

http://vadikom.github.io/smartmenus/src/demo/

Though the class that the script sets to the spans is “sub-arrow” which makes me think you might possibly also use some other script that adds those “more-indicator” spans you mention (or they are directly outputted in the source).

The sub indicators are generally controlled by the “subIndicators”, “subIndicatorsPos” and “subIndicatorsText” options. By default “subIndicatorsText” is set to “+” which means you would get the following:

<a href="#"><span class="sub-arrow">+</span>Item text</a>

And then in the theme we have the following CSS:

.sm-clean a span.sub-arrow {
    	position:absolute;
    	right:12px;
    	top:50%;
    	margin-top:-3px;
    	/* we will use one-side border to create a triangle so that we don't use a real background image, of course, you can use a real image if you like too */
    	width:0;
    	height:0;
    	overflow:hidden;
    	border-width:4px; /* tweak size of the arrow */
    	border-style:solid dashed dashed dashed;
    	border-color:#555 transparent transparent transparent;
    }
    /* and few more rules for sub levels and mobile... */

The following declarations:

width:0;
    	height:0;
    	overflow:hidden;
    	border-width:4px; /* tweak size of the arrow */
    	border-style:solid dashed dashed dashed;
    	border-color:#555 transparent transparent transparent;

basically make sure the “+” is hidden and we then apply some border to create the triangle instead. If you would like to show the “+” or some other symbol instead of the default arrow, just remove the above declarations and it should appear.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you still have any troubles. In that case, it would help very much if you could post some live demo I could test.

Cheers!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘0.9.x’ is closed to new topics and replies.