Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Sub Menus

Home Forums Older releases 0.9.x Sub Menus

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pakaymc
    Participant

My sub menus do not drop down when the mouse hovers over the link. Any help is appreciated.

admin
    Keymaster

Please post some kind of demo so I can take a look at your code. It’s very difficult to guess what exactly might be causing the issue without looking at the code.

htc
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks for the great works. I have the same problem too. All I did was to use the same index.html from the demo, change the source of JQuery & CSS and move the css and libs folders under a different directory /publish. The menu comes up but the no drop down.

<!-- jQuery -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="publish/libs/jquery-loader.js"></script>

<!-- SmartMenus jQuery plugin -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="publish/jquery.smartmenus.js"></script>

<!-- SmartMenus jQuery init -->
    <script type="text/javascript">
    	$(function() {
    		$('#main-menu').smartmenus({
    			subMenusSubOffsetX: 1,
    			subMenusSubOffsetY: -8
    		});
    	});
    </script>

<!-- SmartMenus core CSS (required) -->
    <link href="publish/css/sm-core-css.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<!-- "sm-blue" menu theme (optional, you can use your own CSS, too) -->
    <link href="publish/css/sm-blue/sm-blue.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<!-- #main-menu config - instance specific stuff not covered in the theme -->
    <style type="text/css">

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    htc

admin
    Keymaster

If you’ve moved the libs folder then I guess the hardcoded path in “libs/jquery-loader.js” is not accurate any more and jQuery doesn’t get loaded at all. So just check/fix this line:

var path = '../libs/jquery/jquery.js';

Or, alternatively, you can opt to not use “jquery-loader.js” at all and instead include directly your prefered jQuery version on your pages – e.g.:

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.1/jquery.min.js"></script>

The loader script is just used on the demo page to allow easy testing with different jQuery versions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘0.9.x’ is closed to new topics and replies.