Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

SOLVED: Dropdown-menu flashes in mobile view when menu collapses

Home Forums Older releases 1.0.x + Bootstrap addon SOLVED: Dropdown-menu flashes in mobile view when menu collapses

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jgangso
    Participant

Hi,

I have a site with Bootstrap 3 + Smartmenu.

I had a difficult issue and as typical, when I started to write about my issue here in forum, and built a jsfiddle to demonstrate it, it suddenly worked and then I finally managed to isolate and solve the issue.

However, somebody else might face the same issue, so I thought to share my finding here: (it propably could be mentioned in the Docs as well, or maybe it’s just me.. 😉 )

Problem:
    1. Open your site in mobile view
    2. Open the menu and preferably a sub-menu too
    3. Click on some item to navigate to the page

Expected: The menu collapses and new page appears.
    Issue: The menu collapses, but at the same time, before the new page appears, a duplicate dropdown-menu (with the desktop-size styles) appears and collapses.

Reason:
    I had first done the Quick setup as instructed in the Docs, including the

$('selector').smartmenus(); 

part.

Then I continued to the Bootstrap addon section and did whatever was instructed there, but I left the

part on the site. That caused the issue.

Solution:
    Surprisingly, remove the

script. 🙂

PS. Thank you for a great menu solution and apparently good support as well.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘1.0.x + Bootstrap addon’ is closed to new topics and replies.