Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

SmartMenus with AngularJS

Home Forums Older releases 0.9.x SmartMenus with AngularJS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    peterkickit
    Participant

I have a UL element that is initially empty, but controlled by an AngularJS controller:

<DIV id="mainnav"><ul id="main-menu" class="sm sm-blue" ng-bind-html-unsafe="myHTML"></ul></DIV>

AngularJS fills in legitimate HTML, and the menu shows up just fine. But none of the 2nd level items drop down. I’m sure there is some initialization I need to do after Angular is done populating the element, I just can’t see what that would be or where I would do that. Any suggestions?

admin
    Keymaster

The initialization code is basically the following:

$('#main-menu').smartmenus({
    	subMenusSubOffsetX: 1,
    	subMenusSubOffsetY: -8
    });

So in your case you would need to call this as soon as the menu element is populated by the AngularJS code.

In case you need to call this before the HTML is inserted (for any reason), you can then call the refresh API method after it is populated to refresh your menu tree:

$('#main-menu').smartmenus('refresh');

You can find a short code sample in the docs:

http://www.smartmenus.org/docs/#refreshInstance

Cheers!

tianyu
    Participant

I have a similar question:

After I change the drop-down menu with AngularJS, how can I do “refresh” if I use “SmartMenus Bootstrap Addon (Navbar fixed top)”?

admin
    Keymaster

It’s practically the same with the Bootstrap add-on. Just set some id to your .navbar-nav UL element (e.g. “main-menu”) and call the method like this:

$('#main-menu').smartmenus('refresh');
    tianyu
    Participant

Thank you for your prompt reply.
    I tried above “refresh”, but the second level menu never show up.
    By the way, the first level menu can show up even without calling the “refresh”.

tianyu
    Participant

Sorry, the “first level” means “second level” and “second level” means “third level”. My AngularJS code tries to change one of the first level (top level) menu.

tianyu
    Participant

I did some more tests. Below are my findings:

1) If a level N menu item is added by AngularJS, then its sub-level (level N+1) menu will not show up. (N = 1, 2, ..).

2) It seems that even the initialization function “$(‘#main-menu’).smartmenus(); ” (not refresh) cannot handle the menu item added by AngularJS if the item contains sub-menu.

3) The pure SmartMenus (without Bootstrap) has the same problem.

admin
    Keymaster

Please post an URL to some sort of live demo. It’s very difficult to guess what exactly might be causing the issues without being able to test your code.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘0.9.x’ is closed to new topics and replies.