Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

SmartMenus v6.0 Separator is offset

Home Forums Older releases 0.9.x SmartMenus v6.0 Separator is offset

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MayhemMechanix
    Participant

For some reason, the separator is appearing after the first letter of the next menu item. I’ve searched the forum under “separator” and only found one entry. I just need to know where to change the positioning of the vertical separator.

MayhemMechanix
    Participant

To further clarify… There’s a huge space between the black arrow and the separator for the next item. Is there any way to reduce this space?

admin
    Keymaster

In SmartMenus 6 there was the following property in “c_config.js”:

0,		// ItemsSeparatorSpacing

but I suppose tweaking this will not fix the issue and most probably some of your other page styles are conflicting with the SmartMenus styles and overriding them. So if possible, please post an URL to some kind of live demo where I could investigate the issue. Otherwise, it’s impossible to guess what exactly might be causing it.

MayhemMechanix
    Participant

Regretfully, the server is internal only. It’s for our shop floor’s tracking system.

Right now, I have ItemSeparatorSize at 8. This places the separator bar immediately to the left of the menu item. There’s still a huge space between the black triangle/down arrow and the ItemSeparator. This is what I am trying to reduce in order to fit the menu items closer together in the menu bar.

MayhemMechanix
    Participant

Setting the item separator size to 0 takes it away, and everything collapses to the left. Is there any reason why there’s so much space to the left of the item separator?

admin
    Keymaster

Items should be stacked together with the separators with no space in-between if ItemsSeparatorSpacing is set to 0. So, as I mentioned, most probably some of your other page styles are conflicting with the SmartMenus styles and overriding them. However, unfortunately, it’s impossible for me to guess what exactly might be causing the issue without looking at and being able to test your code.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘0.9.x’ is closed to new topics and replies.