Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Problems with IE8

Home Forums Older releases 0.9.x Problems with IE8

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Amelia
    Participant

Hi, I have inserted the menu in to my website with a php include http://www.weddingqld.com. All works well on my computer using IE10 and other browsers, but on another computer running IE8 the drop menu’s don’t appear. I can get the vanilla install of smart menus working in IE8, but not as a php include. Is this possible? Or, is there another way to do it. I’d like just 1 header file that all pages reference. That way if I make a change to the navigation, I don’t have to republish the whole site.

Also, I seem to have downloaded smartmenus-0.9.3 and smartmenus-master. Which should I be using?

thank you for your help 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

The problem seems to be that your page does not have any doctype set and IE renders it in quirks mode. And in order to work correctly the script requires a proper doctype that will force standards-compliant rendering mode. So to fix the issue just add the HTML5 doctype at the beginning of your pages – e.g.:

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>

Cheers!

Amelia
    Participant

thank you very much 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

Np at all! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘0.9.x’ is closed to new topics and replies.