Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

premium support

Home Forums Older releases 0.9.x premium support

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    edwardsmarkf
    Participant

hi – i realize more so than anybody that trying to give a software development deadline date is a recipe for disaster, but any thoughts on “”about”” how long it will be before premium support is an option? you will NOT be held responsible for your answer! just a very rough guess will do.

admin
    Keymaster

That’s a good question. I am currently working on an important client project which will hopefully be completed within a couple of weeks. And then I can fully concentrate on finishing the next SmartMenus release which will be the foundation for the v1.0.0 release. It should hopefully be ready within a month. From there it might be one or two bug fix releases before the final v1.0.0.

So in short, it might be something like 2 months from now but that’s a very rough estimate since I haven’t actually set any deadlines for the project and in general serious client work has priority (at least for now).

edwardsmarkf
    Participant

But we consider ourselves to be “serious clients” too so we should get your priority 😉

admin
    Keymaster

Of course, I didn’t mean that 🙂 but, you know, I have a family to look after so at least for now, the project doesn’t have top priority for me. Though, hopefully, that might change soon (as it has been the case in the past with the previous generation of the code long before jQuery even existed).

edwardsmarkf
    Participant

ok i will be patient. You say you have a family to look after, but i say that we are your family too, right?

edwardsmarkf
    Participant

hi – any progress on premium support?

admin
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, some projects I have been working on lately have been extended unexpectedly and I am still not able to concentrate on the 1.0 release although I’ve made some progress like porting themes to SASS, etc.

I am now even afraid to make an estimate given my last one 😕 but I hope I will be able to fully concentrate on the project soon enough (hopefully, within the next 2-3 weeks).

edwardsmarkf
    Participant

hello – still eager for the premium support !

any chance for a smartmenus wordpress plugin ?

admin
    Keymaster

I believe it’s quite obvious by now that estimates are not my strength 😳 but I’ve been in the final stages of preparing everything for the 1.0.0 release the past 3 weeks and if everything goes as planned, it will be out at the beginning of next week.

A WordPress plugin is definitely something to think about although it’s really pretty simple to initialize the script for any generic WordPress menu. Also the native WordPress menu editor already does a good job so a proper plugin would need to do something really cool to be useful enough. So, yep, it’s possible but not necessarily certain that we’ll have an official plugin at some point of time in the future.

edwardsmarkf
    Participant

Nobody is going to criticize you on your time estimate since you wisely used what is known in project planning as the “sliding scale”, when you said “2 months from now”. Two months from now will always be two months into the future. Very smart move on your part, i might add.

Besides, your smartmenus is so totally awesome, any and all of your shortcomings, real or perceived, are going to be overlooked.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘0.9.x’ is closed to new topics and replies.