Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Need docs how to set options when using Bootstrap addon

Home Forums Older releases 1.0.x + Bootstrap addon Need docs how to set options when using Bootstrap addon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    pbowers
    Participant

I just spent several very enjoyable hours trying to set

$(“#main-menu”).smartmenu({ noMouseOver: true });

only to find out that I had to edit the jquery.smartmenus.bootstrap.js itself since the options are (inexplicably?) hardcoded in that file.

(1) SUGGESTION: Make this VERY clear in the documentation WHENEVER you mention the possibility of using the bootstrap addon
    (2) SUGGESTION: Better yet would be to allow setting of options outside the downloaded source code. Typically plugins expect you to NOT edit the downloaded source at all (except for a config file or something) and so this is a bit hard to figure out for newbies to SmartMenus.

OTOH I don’t want to sound like an ingrate. This is a GREAT piece of software you have invested LOTS of time developing and then you made it available to us for free. THANK YOU!!! (My comments above are intended to be constructive criticism to make it even better…)

admin
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear that the docs were not clear enough! You don’t really need to edit the source code in “jquery.smartmenus.bootstrap.js” for this. You could use the data-sm-options attribute:

https://www.smartmenus.org/docs/1-0-x/#data-sm-options

instead:

<ul class="nav navbar-nav" data-sm-options="{ noMouseOver: true }">...
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘1.0.x + Bootstrap addon’ is closed to new topics and replies.