Mouse detection not working on Windows 10

Home Forums Older releases 1.0.x Mouse detection not working on Windows 10

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    erksmaas
    Participant

I switched our website to use smartmenus, using a mac laptop for the development. Everything worked great, except when I tried to use the menus on a Windows 10 PC – the menus do not expand when doing a mouse over. (They do not expand for me even on the menus on http://www.smartmenus.org). I primarily was using Chrome on both mac and PC but the problem was the same on other browsers. I dug in the code, and was able to fix the issue in the mouse detection function. When I change the line:

if ((deltaX > 0 || deltaY > 0) && deltaX <= 2 && deltaY <= 2 && thisMove.timeStamp – lastMove.timeStamp <= 300) {

to be:

if ((deltaX > 0 || deltaY > 0) && deltaX <= 3 && deltaY <= 3 && thisMove.timeStamp – lastMove.timeStamp <= 300) {

(increasing the deltaX, deltaY <= from 2 to 3)

then the problem is resolved on my PC.

admin
    Keymaster

Hmm, that’s the first time I hear about such an issue. 😕 I haven’t personally experienced it and wonder whether it might be caused by some kind driver or hardware issue on your machine (video card/mouse) because it means that when the mouse cursor is moved its reported position is only refreshed for more than 2 pixels distance. Now that I think of it, it might also be some kind of battery saver feature activated on a laptop which lowers display refresh rate or something like that.

Apart from that, increasing the delta check to 3px is not a problem I believe – it should just be kept low enough since this is a workaround for an issue I once noticed on touch screen Windows devices.

Anyway, I will try to reproduce it in some way but could you please share some details about the PC/laptop you are testing on (brand, video card, etc..)? Thanks!

erksmaas
    Participant

It’s actually an old Dell desktop, Precision T3500 with several monitors attached. Video card is PNY NVIDIA NVS 510.

admin
    Keymaster

OK, thanks for the info!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register

You will be emailed a link to set your password.

Login

Lost password?