Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Mobile Menu behavior shows desktop dropdown when clicking parent name

Home Forums Older releases 1.0.x + Bootstrap addon Mobile Menu behavior shows desktop dropdown when clicking parent name

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    blfriedman
    Participant

I’ve noticed some non-standard behavior with my menus when comparing to those in the demo.

http://dgea.lfriedman.webfactional.com/

Issue 1: When viewing the mobile menu, clicking a parent item NAME correctly shows the submenu. Click it again and the desktop submenu appears. It should collapse. The “+” and “-” buttons work correctly.

Issue 2: When viewing the desktop menu, clicking a parent item changes the class, but doesn’t hide the hover menu. In the demo, when you click a parent item, the submenu disappears.

I’m wondering if there must be a conflict somewhere.
    I tried disabling all plugins.
    I have not altered any CSS.

The theme I’m using is Bootstrap Basic Version: 1.0.6 by Vee Winch.

Wordpress 4.3.2.

admin
    Keymaster

The problem is that you have some data-toggle="dropdown" attributes in your menu HTML structure (which are normally required by Bootstrap but are not needed by the SmartMenus script). I am not sure how exactly you output the menu structure in your WordPress setup but if it’s not easy for you to edit your PHP code to not output these attributes, then you could use something like this as a JS fix:

jQuery(function() {
    	jQuery('.navbar-nav [data-toggle="dropdown"]').removeAttr('data-toggle');
    });

BTW, this issue will be fixed in v1.0.0 final and a completely standard Bootstrap 3 structure would then work without any issues.

blfriedman
    Participant

That’s definitely it.

The theme author has created their own Walker Nav Menu Class in which they inserted the attributes for that parent element on line 100:

$attributes .= (is_object($args) && $args->has_children) ? ' class="dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown"' : '';

I removed the data-toggle=”dropdown” and Smart Menus now works like a charm!

Thanks for the quick support!

admin
    Keymaster

Np, cheers!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘1.0.x + Bootstrap addon’ is closed to new topics and replies.