Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Mobile collapsed menu change collapsed icon

Home Forums Older releases 1.0.x Mobile collapsed menu change collapsed icon

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    aguscha333
    Participant

I got the menu fully working in mobile but my issue is the following. When collapsed the word “Menu +” appears as a button to open the menu. What I want to do is replace that word for the hamburger-like menu icon. I can add the icon but it just adds it at the end of the word “Menu” and does not replace it. How can I do to replace that text for an icon of my liking?
    Here I paste the code I have for the menu button.

<a href="#"></a>

then immediately comes the <ul>with the menu. All this is inside a <navbar class"navbar"> tag and a <div class"container-fluid>

I searched for that word in the js provided to see if it was there that the word was assigned, cause as you can see the <a> tag that contains the button does not have any text in it.
    if I write the following instead:

<a href="#"><i class="glyphicon glyphicon-menu-hamburger"></i></a>

it’s when it appears the word “Menu” and the icon, when what I want is just the icon.

Thanks in advance and hope that you answer me soon.

admin
    Keymaster

Just find and delete the following rules in the CSS you use for the menu button:

#menu-button:before {
      content: 'Menu -';
    }
    #menu-button.collapsed:before {
      content: 'Menu +';
    }
    aguscha333
    Participant

thanks, I searched all the possible HTMLs and JSs but didn’t cross my mind to search in the css haha. Now it’s working. Thanks a lot and nice plugin you got here

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘1.0.x’ is closed to new topics and replies.