Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Manually setting submenu left/right direction

Home Forums Older releases 0.9.x Manually setting submenu left/right direction

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CCharabaruk
    Participant

Due to client wants for a project, I need to be able to have the first half of the top-level submenus (and their lower-level subs) open to the right, but the other half of them opening to the left, except where the edge of the browser would force them to open on the other side of their parent. I’ve tried manually resetting rightToLeftSubMenus and firing a fresh itemActivate in the beforeshow event, but this just causes second-level submenus from appearing for the latter submenus.

$('#main-menu').bind('beforeshow.smapi', function (e, menu) {
            console.log('beforeshow.smapi ', e, menu);
            var sm = $('#main-menu').data('smartmenus');

if (sm.opts.rightToLeftSubMenus != ($(menu).parent().index() >= 3)) {
                sm.opts.rightToLeftSubMenus = ($(menu).parent().index() >= 3);
                console.log(sm.opts.rightToLeftSubMenus, sm.opts);

$('#main-menu').data('smartmenus', sm).smartmenus('refresh');
                $('#main-menu').smartmenus('itemActivate', $(menu).dataSM('parentA'));
            }
        });

Is there a better (i.e. actually working) method for doing this?

CCharabaruk
    Participant

I figured out what I needed to do; without a guard to skip the whole operation on lower-level submenus I’d end up in a deadly cycle. The solution was to add this as the first line of the event handler:

if ($(menu).parentsUntil('#main-menu').length != 1) return;

Now it works just fine.

lgmtl
    Participant

Hi CCharabaruk,

I too want to just swap the submenu pop up direction from left to right, could you please tell me where exactly you added this line?

if ($(menu).parentsUntil(‘#main-menu’).length != 1) return;

Thanks so much!

Brandon

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘0.9.x’ is closed to new topics and replies.