Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Make submenu slide open/close

Home Forums Older releases 1.0.x + Bootstrap addon Make submenu slide open/close

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Pretzels
    Participant

I absolutely love this script! Exactly how I think a mobile menu should work. Thank you.

When I open my main menu, it slides open. However, when I open my submenu, it just immediately appears.

Is there a way to make the submenu slide open as well?

Pretzels
    Participant

So I figured out the opening part. In jquery.smartmenus.bootstrap.js, change collapsibleShowFunction: null on line 41 to:

collapsibleShowFunction: function($ul, complete) {
    	$ul.slideDown(200, function() {
    		complete();
    	});
    },

However, I haven’t quite figured out the closing. I tried doing the same thing with collapsibleHideFunction, but it still seems to jump closed.

admin
    Keymaster

Yep, as you’ve noticed, by default the addon mimics Bootstrap’s default behavior so the sub menus are not animated in collapsible mode. So, you would need the following options:

collapsibleShowFunction: function($ul, complete) {
    	$ul.slideDown(200, complete);
    },
    collapsibleHideFunction: function($ul, complete) {
    	$ul.slideUp(200, function() {
    		$ul.parent().removeClass('open');
    		complete();
    	});
    }

And also another small change in “jquery.smartmenus.bootstrap.js” – comment out/remove the following code:

'hide.smapi': function(e, menu) {
    	$(menu).parent().removeClass('open');
    }

Alternatively, if you would like to avoid editing “jquery.smartmenus.bootstrap.js”, you could add the options directly in the HTML source in a data-sm-options attribute:

https://www.smartmenus.org/docs/#data-sm-options

and add the following JS code on your page after the link to “jquery.smartmenus.bootstrap.js”:

$(function() {
    	$('ul.navbar-nav:not([data-sm-skip])').unbind('hide.smapi');
    });

Cheers!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘1.0.x + Bootstrap addon’ is closed to new topics and replies.