Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Long submenus with display table main menu container

Home Forums Older releases 0.9.x Long submenus with display table main menu container

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    davidino
    Participant

Hi Vasil,
    wow … first of all I want to congratulate for your plugin!

I noticed a problem but far more with CSS than with the script itself.

If I insert the menu in a container with display: table; (ex: center menu, center justify menu, other layout needs) and I navigate to a long submenu, ounce this menu is hidden the total height of the long submenu somewhere is added to the html/body height, with a large hspace under all the contents.

I have not fiddled about, just apply display: table; to your #main-menu, than go to “Sub test” > “more…”, once you out scroll down the page:
    http://vadikom.github.io/smartmenus/src/demo/

# main-menu {
    display: table; 
    } 

A resize solves the problem but I wanted to know if you were aware of the bug, or did you have any thoughts about it.

I wait for the final release to get on board.
    Thank you for time!

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your kind words, glad you like the script! 🙂

This looks like some weird Webkit redraw bug (I noticed it doesn’t happen in Firefox). I guess there is a simple way to workaround it via the API (e.g. forcing a redraw of the main menu or the body on menu hide, etc.) so I will do some tests a bit later.. I am still not sure if it would be a good idea to add a fix for this in the script core though, I will think about this too when I figure out a fix..

Cheers!

davidino
    Participant

Hi, no absolutely not the js code, I just wanted to know if you were aware of it or if you have a solution.. it’s something wire with css primary, thank you for having watched and continue the excellent work!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘0.9.x’ is closed to new topics and replies.