Long submenus with display table main menu container

Home Forums Older releases 0.9.x Long submenus with display table main menu container

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    davidino
    Participant

Hi Vasil,
    wow … first of all I want to congratulate for your plugin!

I noticed a problem but far more with CSS than with the script itself.

If I insert the menu in a container with display: table; (ex: center menu, center justify menu, other layout needs) and I navigate to a long submenu, ounce this menu is hidden the total height of the long submenu somewhere is added to the html/body height, with a large hspace under all the contents.

I have not fiddled about, just apply display: table; to your #main-menu, than go to “Sub test” > “more…”, once you out scroll down the page:
    http://vadikom.github.io/smartmenus/src/demo/

# main-menu {
    display: table; 
    } 

A resize solves the problem but I wanted to know if you were aware of the bug, or did you have any thoughts about it.

I wait for the final release to get on board.
    Thank you for time!

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your kind words, glad you like the script! 🙂

This looks like some weird Webkit redraw bug (I noticed it doesn’t happen in Firefox). I guess there is a simple way to workaround it via the API (e.g. forcing a redraw of the main menu or the body on menu hide, etc.) so I will do some tests a bit later.. I am still not sure if it would be a good idea to add a fix for this in the script core though, I will think about this too when I figure out a fix..

Cheers!

davidino
    Participant

Hi, no absolutely not the js code, I just wanted to know if you were aware of it or if you have a solution.. it’s something wire with css primary, thank you for having watched and continue the excellent work!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register

You will be emailed a link to set your password.

Login

Lost password?