Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Keyboard Add On: open submenu when toggled, not automatically?

Home Forums Older releases 1.0.x + Bootstrap addon Keyboard Add On: open submenu when toggled, not automatically?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    blobula
    Participant

Hello,

I’m currently using the smartmenus plugin on my site with the keyboard add on. I was curious if it was possible to change submenus from opening automatically on focus to only opening them if they are toggled via the keyboard.

Example:
    http://vadikom.github.io/smartmenus/src/demo/keyboard-navigation.html
    Notice the submenu automatically opens when the user arrows down to a parent with a submenu.

Thank you!

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, it can’t be achieved very easily. It’s designed to work like a desktop app menu – as soon as some sub menu is activated (via Enter, Space or Down arrow) just moving around the focus via the arrow keys activates any other sub menus automatically until Esc is pressed. So it’s toggleable behavior but for the whole menu tree.

blobula
    Participant

Thank you!

Would it be a recoding of logic already present in the menu code, or would it be something additional that could be added?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘1.0.x + Bootstrap addon’ is closed to new topics and replies.