Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Jumping to parent menu item when clicking caret to close submenu

Home Forums Older releases 1.0.x + Bootstrap addon Jumping to parent menu item when clicking caret to close submenu

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    caramaple
    Participant

Hi there,

I integrated SmartMenus with Bootstrap/WordPress – it all works great, but when I click the caret (which is the a::after) to close the submenu again, it closes the submenu, but also links/jumps directly to the parent page instead of only toggling the submenu.

If I click not right on the caret, but anywhere out of the link area it closes/toggles the submenu without any problems.

For any insights how to solve the problem, I would be very grateful!

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you are using the Bootstrap addon, you need to use <span class="caret"></span> inside the parent item links for the carets and then it should work fine. Because when you add the carets via CSS with a::after the script cannot differentiate between a click on the link and the caret pseudo element.

Cheers!

caramaple
    Participant

Thanks so much for your answer! Yes, I read about this in your tutorial section “Upgrading SmartMenus jQuery + Bootstrap add-on”.

Yet, I am using the Bootstrap addon with WordPress, so I am not quite sure where to place the <span>. Do you know of any site where SmartMenus is integrated with Bootstrap and WordPress, so I could have a look?

I tried to append the <span> with jQuery, but then the same happens, – clicking on the minus to close the sub-menu links to the parent page. Only if I clock outside the a, then it closes.

Happy for any other hints 😉 – thanks!

caramaple
    Participant

So, I integrated a custom navwalker (https://github.com/twittem/wp-bootstrap-navwalker) and got it working!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘1.0.x + Bootstrap addon’ is closed to new topics and replies.