Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Issue with menu drop down transparency!(IE11 compatibility mode 7)

Home Forums Older releases 1.0.x Issue with menu drop down transparency!(IE11 compatibility mode 7)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    buaaec
    Participant

Hi Admin,

Many thanks for such a wonderful plug in. I was trying to use the plugin with IE 11, Compatibility mode 7.But seems like the menu has got a transparency issue. Say the main menu is continued on the 2nd row so when i try to 1st item on the 1st row on the menu it’s basically expanding the menu but the 2nd row of the menu is still visible underneath. This problem is occurring only with comp mode 7 and its perfectly fine with firefox and chrome.I tried setting the background / opacity but did not help it much.At this point I am not sure of the resolution. Additionally the rounded edge is not also coming for comp mode 7. Can you please suggest something on this issue.

Let me know if you have further question.
    looking forward to hear back from you.

Thanks and Regards

admin
    Keymaster

Please note that all CSS hacks and JS tweaks targeting IE6-8 were dropped from the codebase as of v0.9.7. So it’s possible that some layout issues might appear in these browsers (particularly in IE6/7). If you need to support these browsers, you may opt for v0.9.6 which was the last one to fully support them. As for rounded corners, border-radius is not supported in IE < 9 so there is no chance for it in older versions. But, in any case, if you like, please post some kind of demo that I could test since it's impossible to guess what exactly might be causing the issue without being able to test your code.

buaaec
    Participant

Thanks. I will give it a shot with v0.9.6.

Regards

buaaec
    Participant

Hi Admin,

Thanks again for the suggestion. I moved back to v0.9.6 and its working fine except one thing which is when i click on the any of the sub menu items it does not close automatically but once i move the mouse pointer out of there , the sub-menu closes. Can you please let me know how can i close the sub menu item on click?

Thanks & Regards

admin
    Keymaster

By default the sub menus should be reset when an item is clicked and activated (this is controlled via the hideOnClick: true option). Not sure why you might be having troubles with this. Could you please post some kind of demo URL? Or are you having the issue just in some specific browser?

Happy Holidays!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘1.0.x’ is closed to new topics and replies.