Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Is Bootstrap still important to learn?

Home Forums Older releases 1.0.x + Bootstrap addon Is Bootstrap still important to learn?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    umeshamin
    Participant

I’m going through Colte Steele’s Udemy course and learning bootstrap, just want to know if it’s still widely used and important for me to know?

SamGrole
    Participant

Look at the design of this game – . I think you can find here more for your own. Bootstrap is a great set of tools/widgets for creating websites which target both desktop and mobile. Writing such multiplatform support code by yourself is cumbersome and error prone. Using it has another advantage: many programmers use Bootstrap to create websites. That makes it easier to work in a team.

pitdacorp
    Participant

Bootstrap not as necessary

GabrielFAd
    Participant

Lots of places use it as a UI toolkit because it’s very easy to work with, but it isn’t essential (and it’s very easy to use if you know CSS/HTML). It’s just a set of CSS classes, basically. You structure your HTML like it describes in the docs, add the classes provided by Bootstrap. My first project was what do you think about it?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘1.0.x + Bootstrap addon’ is closed to new topics and replies.