Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

how to style a submenu header in a collapsed navbar

Home Forums Older releases 0.9.x how to style a submenu header in a collapsed navbar

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    goatberg
    Participant

My site is here webtest.iu.edu/~iutreas/3.3.2/index3.html

I have SmartMenus working fine in normal UNcollapsed mode. In collapsed mode I have a problem. All the list items in the selected menu show up fine in collapsed mode (with dark text). When I hover over and click to expand the additional list items underneath a submenu then everything is still fine because I have a CSS rule for hover and active.

.container .navbar.navbar-inverse .container-fluid #navbar .nav.navbar-nav .dropdown .dropdown-menu>li>a:hover,
    .container .navbar.navbar-inverse .container-fluid #navbar .nav.navbar-nav .dropdown .dropdown-menu>li>a:active {
    color: #000;
    background-color: #DBD8D6;
    }

I click and expand the submenu items but when the mouse pointer goes off of the submenu header list item (and it is no longer hovered over or in focus) then the text for just that list item turns white and is no longer visible against the white background color. It can be hovered over again and seen but this does not solve the problem.

This URL shows the problem http://i60.tinypic.com/10qvtoo.jpg
    Where the arrow is pointing shows the text that disappears after if has been expanded and then is no longer being hovered over. In the picture the text is still hovered over and thus can be seen still. I want the text to stay black whether it is hovered over or not after it has been expanded. What is the CSS syntax for such a state?

goatberg
    Participant

I have it fixed after writing rules for

.container .navbar.navbar-inverse .container-fluid #navbar .nav.navbar-nav .dropdown .dropdown-menu>li>a

and

.container .navbar.navbar-inverse .container-fluid #navbar .nav.navbar-nav .dropdown .dropdown-menu>li>a:focus

On to trying to fix other bugs in my site!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘0.9.x’ is closed to new topics and replies.