Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

How to disable/enable only one sub menu?

Home Forums Older releases 0.9.x How to disable/enable only one sub menu?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    juliandormon
    Participant

Hi There,
    I have applied SM to a group of links such that there are multiple links that spawn sub menus. I was hoping there was a method to disable/enable just one of these sub menus – not the whole parent.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry but I don’t understand what exactly you mean. Please post some code sample if possible (a live demo would be best) and try to explain what exactly you would try to achieve and I will try to help you out.

Thanks!

juliandormon
    Participant
    <ul>
    <li>link1</li>
    <li>link2</li>
    <li><a class="has=submenu">Menu 1 </a></li>
    <li>link3</li>
    <li>link4</li>
    <li><a class="has=submenu">Menu 2 </a></li>
    </ul>

How can I disable Menu 2 only? Thanks!!!

admin
    Keymaster

OK, there is no available method for this, but you could achieve it, for example, with some custom functions like these:

function disableItem($parentLI) {
    	$parentLI.on('mouseenter.smartmenus mouseleave.smartmenus mousedown.smartmenus focus.smartmenus blur.smartmenus click.smartmenus touchend.smartmenus', 'a', function(e) {
    		e.stopPropagation();
    		e.preventDefault();
    	});
    }

function enableItem($parentLI) {
    	$parentLI.off('mouseenter.smartmenus mouseleave.smartmenus mousedown.smartmenus focus.smartmenus blur.smartmenus click.smartmenus touchend.smartmenus');
    }

When calling any of these you will need to pass the item’s LI element as an argument. For example, if you have the following HTML:

<li id="myParentItem"><a>Menu 2 </a>
    	<ul>...</ul>
    </li>

you could use the following JS to disable/enable the item (and its sub menu):

disableItem($('#myParentItem'));
    enableItem($('#myParentItem'));
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘0.9.x’ is closed to new topics and replies.