How do I drop the entire menu by selecting an item from it?

Home Forums Latest release 1.1.x + Bootstrap 4 addon How do I drop the entire menu by selecting an item from it?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    genivaldo
    Participant

I would like that when selecting a menu item on the mobile platform (mobile, tablet), the entire menu would be closed, having to click the button to open it again.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, you could use something like this:

$(function() {
      // SmartMenus jQuery - collapse mobile navbar on menu item select
      $('.navbar-nav').on('select.smapi', function(e) {
      	if ($(this).hasClass('sm-collapsible')) {
      		$('.navbar-toggler')[0].click();
      	}
      });
    });

Just include it on your page after jQuery.

If you have multiple navbars on your pages (not very likely), set them specific ids and replace the classes .navbar-nav and .navbar-toggler in the code above with the proper ids.

kman201
    Participant

Hmm, I am trying this, but not having any luck. I am using the code at for the .sm-blue theme at: https://www.smartmenus.org/about/themes/

I have not changed the code. When using the mobile version (vertical menu) I am wanting it to collapse when I click a link.

I notice your code says .navbar-nav instead of .main-nav as shown in the code. So, I changed that to fit. Also, I do not have any links that have a className of sm-collapsible. Am I supposed to add this className to each of the menu items that I want to collapse? If so, do I add it to the

• or the tag?

In either case, I have not been able to get it to work. Any suggestions?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register

You will be emailed a link to set your password.

Login

Lost password?