Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

hover area in blue theme for top menu only covers half area

Home Forums Older releases 0.9.x hover area in blue theme for top menu only covers half area

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jpcwebb
    Participant

So I’ve just installed SM and have modified some of the css from the blue theme, but even with the vanilla blue theme I find that the hover area for the top menu item doesn’t cover the entirety of the block. In other words, if you move your mouse upwards over the menu tab, it only produces the drop down when it’s about halfway up over the text/ button from the bottom edge. The sub menu items all work fine and highlight wherever the mouse is on each line. Have puzzled over the css for ages but can’t seem to identify the problem. Any help/ ideas would be appreciated. The site where this is implemented is http://www.analyticalpsychotherapy.co.uk

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, in the following file:

http://www.collinswebb.plus.com/therapy/style.css

find the following rule:

.jcw-layout-wrapper {
    	margin-top: 20px;
    	margin-right: auto;
    	margin-left: auto;
    	margin-bottom: 0;
    	position: relative;
    	z-index: auto ! important;
    }

and modify it like this:

.jcw-layout-wrapper {
    	margin-top: 20px;
    	margin-right: auto;
    	margin-left: auto;
    	margin-bottom: 0;
    	position: relative;
    	z-index: auto ! important;
    	clear: both;
    }

This should fix the issue.

Cheers!

jpcwebb
    Participant

Brilliant, thanks very much. For my education, could you explain the impact of the clear: both; css?

admin
    Keymaster

You can Google “clearing floats” or similar, there are tons of articles available. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘0.9.x’ is closed to new topics and replies.