Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Hamburger Menus Not Working Correctly

Home Forums Latest release 1.1.x Hamburger Menus Not Working Correctly

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    schellem
    Participant

After shrinking down the window to get to the ‘mobile’ menu, I see the hamburger and then when I click on it, all the root levels expand as expected with + sign on right side. Hovering over each menu, makes the + turn to a – and the submenu pops up and looks like the same as it does when I’m not in the small viewport mode. i.e. they are in a little dialog not expanded just like the other hamburger root menu items. The online demos expect a click on the menu item and the sub menu expands as is expected.

I’m using the latest download, 1.1.0 community, interesting that the samples in the download don’t have the same downsizing functionality as the online samples. The downloaded samples don’t collapse to a hamburger. This makes me feel like the online samples and my download version are somehow not the same.

I’ve spent a number of hours trying to resolve this with no luck, I’m not a CSS\frontend guru and have come to a full stop on trying to resolve this issue.

schellem
    Participant

Ok, finally figured it out, my code was marking submenus with the bootstrap ‘dropdown-menu’ class. I’m dynamically building my menus which worked fine with 1.0 version of SmartMenu and the bootstrap addon. I’m currently trying out the non bootstrap menus.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘1.1.x’ is closed to new topics and replies.