Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Fix a few style issues with Mega Menu on a Bootstrap3 site?

Home Forums Older releases 1.0.x + Bootstrap addon Fix a few style issues with Mega Menu on a Bootstrap3 site?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Greg Baka
    Participant

Hello admin. You were very helpful before getting me started using your great nav bar system. I have a few final questions…

Here is my sample page using your Mega Menu on a Bootstrap 3 site:
    https://www.easydigging.com/kern/product-page-shovel5.html

1. On larger devices (lg,md,sm classes) is there an easy way to automatically center the nav links in the horizontal bar?
    ((current sample page has blank li’s entered before and after the visible links to move the list approximately to the center position))

2. On phones (xs class) how do we get the square buttons with the + symbol (on the right side of the dropdown) to switch to displaying a – symbol when opened?
    (((the + button for “All Attachments” in the “Wheel Hoe” dropdown does switch to – when opened, so I see it is possible)))

Thank you so much,

Greg

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

You would need to edit the following file:

https://www.easydigging.com/kern/jquery.smartmenus.bootstrap.css

1) Remove your spacer <li>‘s from your navbar HTML source and in the CSS file above find and replace the following:

@media (min-width: 768px) {
      #main-menu {
        float: right;
        clear: none;
      }
    }

with the following:

@media (min-width: 768px) {
      .navbar-collapse {
        text-align: center;
        font-size: 1px;
      }
      #main-menu {
        display: inline-block;
        float: none;
        clear: none;
      }
    }

2) The issue is caused by your custom .nav-tweak DIV’s that are inside your main menu links. To avoid it, in the same CSS file, replace the following:

.navbar-nav.sm-collapsible .open > a > .caret:before {
      content: '-';
    }

with the following:

.navbar-nav.sm-collapsible .open > a .caret:before {
      content: '-';
    }

Cheers!

Greg Baka
    Participant

Thanks!

They seem to work. Though I put them in my final CSS sheet so I didn’t have to alter the standard CSS sheets supplied with your menu bar.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘1.0.x + Bootstrap addon’ is closed to new topics and replies.