Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

FireFox issue with parent submenu link

Home Forums Older releases 0.9.x FireFox issue with parent submenu link

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    robotchips
    Participant

Hi There,

Here is the issue – It only exists in FF.

When you click on the toplevel/parent menu item of our site (in mobile/device view), the menu item clicks to the page vs. actually opening the menu dropdown items. I don’t believe this is “as designed” in the UI. Is there something I goofed on or missed in the implementation perhaps?

Here is our test site. Please ignore the extreme number of menu items. We use this for testing.

Appreciate any help 🙂

-Joseph

admin
    Keymaster

Hm, just tested with the latest Firefox on Mac. For me, the first click shows the sub menu and the second click loads the link of the parent item. Isn’t this what you need?

robotchips
    Participant

I failed to mention, it’s only the [ + ] area where the 2nd click was failing and loading the link in FF. We were actually able to fix by just updating to the latest version of your script (we were still running on the jquery.smartmenus beta) Does that sound accurate? 🙂

Appreciate you looking into.

admin
    Keymaster

Yes, v0.9.x had a different bahavior in collapsible mode – i.e. the “+” was just an indicator and not an actual toggle button. So now that you’ve upgraded, the +/- button is a toggle button acting independently from the rest of the menu item so I believe everything should be OK now.

Cheers!

robotchips
    Participant

Hello!

so sorry to open this bug again! we have this issue resolved in all browsers, devices, etc except for the Samsung Galaxy Tab, we’ve noticed the 2nd click of the [+] opens the page vs clicking to close current parent menu group – Does that make sense?

Would you have any insight or help in this matter?

Thank you!

robotchips
    Participant

Sorry, can anyone provide any help on this one?

admin
    Keymaster

Sorry for this late reply, didn’t notice your post by now!

So you have this issue in collapsible mode? I am not able to reproduce it on any Android device I have. What is the screen size of the tablet and what version of Android does it run?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘0.9.x’ is closed to new topics and replies.