Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Demo SmartMenu Appears - But SubMenus Not To Right AND Not Hidden???

Home Forums Older releases 0.9.x Demo SmartMenu Appears - But SubMenus Not To Right AND Not Hidden???

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jonlonon
    Participant

I like the simplicity and feature-richness of Smart Menus and would like to use it, but
    I’m tripping up on something simple. Is there a compatibility issue with SmartMenu

1) when jQuery mapped configurations are used to manipulate HTML on a page?

AND/OR

2) where there are two sets of HTML and the SmartMenu classed HTML is mapped (or nested) within the first HTML?

See code at http://jonlonon.com/devsupport. Right-click on code links to download/open each file. Code will only be available for a few days, but screen clip pic will remain indefinitely. The pic shows what the resulting screen looks like. The problem is that the smartmenu demo does display its menu, but the menu is not first showing ONLY the top level as it should, but all the items. I should be able to hover over or click on Item 2 to only THEN display the submenu!

My code is doing everything else I want and there are no warnings or errors. As you can see from the code, I tried all the smartmenu templates in the opening script loader HTML, and even tried smartmenu options to hide the submenus, but its still not working.

The only $(‘#main-menu’).smartmenu option that worked (menu still did not look correct) was the disable, since no menu item was a hyperlink as expected.

Any quick help is appreciated. Thanks!
    Jon

admin
    Keymaster

Hi Jon! Sorry for this delay, I was on a summer vacation!

To be honest, I haven’t tested a similar scenario but I don’t see any reason why this wouldn’t work if everything is configured properly. Please double check if you are including all the CSS correctly (“sm-core-css.css” and the theme CSS file you use) as I suspect this might be the reason.

Cheers!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘0.9.x’ is closed to new topics and replies.