Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Centering Main for Desktop ?.

Home Forums Older releases 1.0.x Centering Main for Desktop ?.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jackyjoy123
    Participant

Hello,

I really appreciate all the work that went into this to make it useable by such a large audience and to look so refined!

Is there a good way to center the menu items (meaning the entire list) for desktop instead of them aligning left? I set a width for .sm-clean and gave it margin: auto, but it seems like a nasty hack. I know if a user has a smaller desktop resolution but not small enough to qualify for the mobile menu version, some of the <li> items might drop. Is there a better approach? Thanks! My code:

@media (min-width: 768px) {

.sm-clean {
        width: 75%;
        max-width: 960px;
        margin: auto;
        background: RGB(197,53,28);
        -webkit-border-radius: 100px;
        -moz-border-radius: 100px;
        -ms-border-radius: 100px;
        -o-border-radius: 100px;
        border-radius: 100px;
      }

thanks
    jackyjoy

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, not sure why you consider this a hack. It’s actually the proper way to center a block element – i.e. constraining its (max-)width and setting the left/right margin to auto.

If you are too worried about some of your items wrapping at lower viewport widths, you could consider the following solution:

https://www.smartmenus.org/about/themes/#demos-7

but I personally don’t think that is a critical issue since all items remain usable even if some of them are wrapped.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘1.0.x’ is closed to new topics and replies.