Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Bootstrap jQuery Smartmenus parent item of dropdown clickable

Home Forums Older releases 1.0.x + Bootstrap addon Bootstrap jQuery Smartmenus parent item of dropdown clickable

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    meez
    Participant

I have this Bootstrap 3 website http://landberg.at/nl. I use jQuery Smartmenus for the menu. I want the parent item to be clickable on the dropdown links. I thought I had this working before, but now the parent item is not clickable.

How do I make the parent item clickable within my Bootstrap theme with the jQuery Smartmenus plugin?

admin
    Keymaster

I just tested and parent item links can be activated. The first click/tap expands the sub menu and the second loads the link. Isn’t that OK?

wini2
    Participant

First of all: Thanks for that wonderful menu, which solves a lot of weaknesses of the pure bootstrap navigation.

I use the bootstrap smartmenu variant and it works fine, but normal-expierienced users criticise, that the behaviour with first/second click/tap is not obvious. So I’m looking for a way to seperate the current (=parent-link) from the dropdown/toggle-link, especially for the mobil view.

How do i achieve that only the click/tab on the caret plus|minus shows|hides the submenu and a click/tab opens the the page directly?

aitala
    Participant

I am pretty much having the same issue, I’d like the menu item to be clickable but only lose with the +/- button. Right now the first click anywhere open the menu, the second goes to the page. There is no way to close an opened menu.

Thanks,

Eric

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘1.0.x + Bootstrap addon’ is closed to new topics and replies.