Bootstrap jQuery Smartmenus parent item of dropdown clickable

Home Forums Older releases 1.0.x + Bootstrap addon Bootstrap jQuery Smartmenus parent item of dropdown clickable

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    meez
    Participant

I have this Bootstrap 3 website http://landberg.at/nl. I use jQuery Smartmenus for the menu. I want the parent item to be clickable on the dropdown links. I thought I had this working before, but now the parent item is not clickable.

How do I make the parent item clickable within my Bootstrap theme with the jQuery Smartmenus plugin?

admin
    Keymaster

I just tested and parent item links can be activated. The first click/tap expands the sub menu and the second loads the link. Isn’t that OK?

wini2
    Participant

First of all: Thanks for that wonderful menu, which solves a lot of weaknesses of the pure bootstrap navigation.

I use the bootstrap smartmenu variant and it works fine, but normal-expierienced users criticise, that the behaviour with first/second click/tap is not obvious. So I’m looking for a way to seperate the current (=parent-link) from the dropdown/toggle-link, especially for the mobil view.

How do i achieve that only the click/tab on the caret plus|minus shows|hides the submenu and a click/tab opens the the page directly?

aitala
    Participant

I am pretty much having the same issue, I’d like the menu item to be clickable but only lose with the +/- button. Right now the first click anywhere open the menu, the second goes to the page. There is no way to close an opened menu.

Thanks,

Eric

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register

You will be emailed a link to set your password.

Login

Lost password?