Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Adding a menu toggle button on small screens

Home Forums Older releases 0.9.x Adding a menu toggle button on small screens

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    zachsmom
    Participant

Hi,

Love this menu, very nicely done! I seem to be hitting a wall on one small piece, likely something simple I’m overlooking.

I’m trying to re-do a site for my son here: http://zachmcdonald.net/2014/example.html

If you resize the browser window to say 570px total width the menu toggle button appears as intended. No matter what I change as far as the media query I can’t seem to figure out how to use the toggle button at a min width of 700px instead.

Any thoughts would really be appreciated.

Namaste
    Julie

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, as far as I can see, at the moment it’s toggled at 700px so I guess you’ve fixed it? The media query with the break point is in:

http://zachmcdonald.net/2014/css/sm-clean.css

zachsmom
    Participant

First – thanks for the great script and response. Much appreciated! 🙂 It looks like that on the surface. What was struggling with was how to get it to respond to a wider width requirement. It seems like no matter what I set it to, 450px or 700px, the menu toggle button still shows up at the same consistent browser width. I thought it might somehow be related to the javascript as opposed to the css?

Thanks
    Julie

admin
    Keymaster

For me changing the width in the media query I mentioned does take effect (just tested in Chrome/Mac). Do you have the problem just on the Surface? And if yes in which browser/version?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘0.9.x’ is closed to new topics and replies.