Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Accordion css?

Home Forums Older releases 0.9.x Accordion css?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    oldgit
    Participant

How can I get the submenus to work like an accordion, when used in a vertical menu?
    ( I think accordion is the correct term)

So on rollover the submenu pushes other items down and on mouse out it then contracts.
    I also want any selected menu tree to be locked open until you go to another page.

I’ve been fiddling with “position : relative” but I can’t get it to work on hover/touch actions.

Thanks!

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please take a look at this post for instructions how to make your menu collapsible even on desktop:

http://www.smartmenus.org/forums/topic/suggestion-functionality-for-mobile-responsive-to-be-available-for-desktop/#post-1454

And to expand the menu tree to the current item on page load, you can use the following code:

http://www.smartmenus.org/forums/topic/vertical-menu-expanded-on-page-load/#post-1535

Let me know if you still have any questions.

oldgit
    Participant

Hi.. I have this fixed now – this is what I did :

ul.sm-vert li:hover ul {
    	position:relative !important;}

Sorry didn’t get to post before you did!

oldgit
    Participant

On 0.9.7
    I looked at my working menu again and I have a slight problem on desktop:
    On page load it shows a chosen sub tree in full, which is what I want ( it gets that from the url params)

If I mouse off the expanded sub tree it contracts
    If the mouse never goes over the menu it stays open

I would like to lock the sub tree open even if I roll over another subtree parent..
    – or alternatively if the sub tree animates back to expanded when I mouse off the menu that would work ok

(keepHighlighted:1 makes no difference)

Thanks!

admin
    Keymaster

I can’t test your code and the custom CSS you’ve used but something like this for the active menu should probably work (it should keep it open no matter what):

display:block !important;
    height:auto !important;
    oldgit
    Participant

Thanks – that gave me the clue where to look
    I have the menu horizontal on homepage and vertical on the rest so had conflicting rules

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘0.9.x’ is closed to new topics and replies.