hello – i moved your code out of jsfiddle and you are right – jsfiddle was definitely breaking something. i grabbed your simplest example at http://www.smartmenus.org/download/ and used that large block of code – it worked no problems! i tested it using http://browserstack.com and tried it against windows, chrome, firefox, safari, on win-7, several mac releases, etc — looking GOOD.
the problem i was previously running into was indeed a windows sizing issue as you suggested – thank you for pointing out the jsfiddle-iFrame was to blame.
i will be interested when you offer premium support.
regarding neilW’s comment: i have found that google-chrome tends to be very consistent no matter where its running, be it mac, linux or windows.