Start a new discussion

To start a new discussion please visit the discussions section of the GitHub home page of the project.

Discussions on GitHub

You can also search our old self-hosted forums for any useful information below but please note that posting new content here is not possible any more.

Reply To: Submenu formatting

Home Forums Older releases 1.0.x Submenu formatting Reply To: Submenu formatting

higgo36
Participant

I first want to say thank you for a highly accessible menu!

On that note, I need help styling the sub submenus (aka: “Flyouts”) using either CSS or Script, I need to drop the y-index a few pixels to line up top link with its parent, i want to hide the y-overflow, and also control the widths/heights.

I have discovered that using (.has-submenu) jquery attribute allows me to do some things with the first submenus, but not the second “flyouts”.

So i need to get control of the Nested ul’s,

Here is an example snippet of outline of my current HTML:

(The nested <ul>'s with note next to them are the ones I want to style and re-position)

<li>
<ul>

<li>   
<ul>    --- (This is a nested <ul> i need to control)
<li></li>
<li></li>
<li></li>
</ul>   ---  (ending here)
</li>

<li>
<ul>   ----  (Nested <ul> i need to control)
<li></li>
<li></li>
<li></li>
</ul>   ---  (ends here)
</li>

</ul>
</li>

Please advise any suggestions, and keep in mind that I have tried to manipulate the core jquery :

$.fn.smartmenus.defaults = {
isPopup: false, // is this a popup menu (can be shown via the popupShow/popupHide methods) or a permanent menu bar
mainMenuSubOffsetX: 0, // pixels offset from default position
mainMenuSubOffsetY: 0, // pixels offset from default position
subMenusSubOffsetX: 0, // pixels offset from default position
subMenusSubOffsetY: 0,
// pixels offset from default position
subMenusMinWidth: ’10em’, // min-width for the sub menus (any CSS unit) – if set, the fixed width set in CSS will be ignored
subMenusMaxWidth: ’20em’, // max-width for the sub menus (any CSS unit) – if set, the fixed width set in CSS will be ignored

– I saw movement when fooling with the “mainMenuSubOffset” , but not the “subMenuSuboffset”

Thanks for any time.