This site was created with accessibility in mind. If you have any comments or questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site. On Windows, you can press Alt + an access key; on Macintosh, you can press Control + an access key. In the Opera browser you can press Shift + Escape and then an access key.
The following access keys are defined on all pages:
- Access key 1 - Home page
- Access key 3 - Site map
- Access key 9 - Contact information
- Access key 0 - Accessibility statement
- Access key S - Skip to content
- When designing this site we have tried our best to meet even the strictest criteria and to comply with all priority guidelines (1, 2, and 3) of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. However, this is always a judgement call. These pages pass automated validation by popular online tools (like WebXACT) for the accessibility features that can be tested automatically but there are some features that cannot be measured by software. We have reviewed all the guidelines and believe that these pages are mostly in compliance.
- The same goes for these pages' compliance with the U.S. Government Section 508 Guidelines.
- All pages on the site validate as XHTML 1.0 Strict.
- All pages on the site use structured semantic markup. H1 tags are used for main headings, H2 and H3 tags for subheadings.
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target.
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive
altattributes. Purely decorative graphics include empty
- This site uses CSS for visual layout.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "Text Size" option in visual browsers.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
Accessify.com is a good start if you are looking for information on web accessibility. It provides tools, wizards, articles and tutorials. The site also features a good collection of useful links for web accessibility.