SmartMenus 5 remains one of the most advanced tools of its kind, providing great flexibility, reliability, ease of use and unmatched cross-browser support.
The SmartMenus versions 5.x development is not active any more. Further updates are not likely to be released in the future, except possibly in very rare cases when some crucial bugs are discovered. The main reasons why we took this decision are:
- We think SmartMenus 5 has reached a phase in development where there are basically no more major improvements we could implement.
- We believe accessibility is one of the most important areas in web development and that's why we decided to concentrate all our efforts at improving the new SmartMenus 6.
However, please note that:
- Support for all SmartMenus 5 users will always remain available.
- All SmartMenus 5 users are able to upgrade to SmartMenus 6 free of any charge.
The latest SmartMenus 5 release is v5.5.4. See the changelog for a complete list of changes.
- SmartMenus v5.5.4 (zip) (337 KB)
The download package includes many functionality and miscellaneous samples and a detailed user's manual.
Cross-browser support information
SmartMenus 5 has unmatched cross-browser support. It fully supports the following browsers.
- Internet Explorer 4+ on Windows
- Internet Explorer 4.5+ on Macintosh
- Netscape 4.03+ (6+)
- Other browsers using the Gecko engine (Mozilla, AOL, Phoenix/Firebird/Firefox, Epiphany, Galeon, GhostZilla...)
- Opera 5.0+ on Windows & Macintosh and 6+ on Linux
- Konqueror 2.2+
- Espial Escape 5.1+
SmartMenus 5 is released under the same license as SmartMenus 6. For details, please visit:
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions related to SmartMenus 5.